The Heart of NSW encompasses the local government area of the Lachlan Shire and is well known for its natural beauty, friendly and welcoming locals and relaxed bush lifestyle. Lachlan Shire is located in the Central West of New South Wales; 200km west of Orange, 100km west of Parkes, 220km south west of Dubbo and 228km north east of the Griffith. The Lachlan Shire is located in the Wiradjuri nation of the eastern-central area of NSW. The Wiradjuri nation shares a common language and bond through the Lachlan, Murrumbidgee and Macquarie rivers.
Lachlan Shire Council’s vision for the future is to be a progressive, vibrant and prosperous community where families come to stay and enjoy a relaxed, healthy way of life and community spirit.
About the Role
The Roads Coordinator is responsible for providing technical support to the Infrastructure Services Department developing and managing projects and providing support to other staff and engineers across program areas
Some of the Responsibilities for this role are:
- Provide management and supervision of operational staff and contractors delegated to this position
- Manage and supervise construction works/projects of roads, bridges and stormwater
- Investigate, plan, develop and manage identified engineering projects
- Assist with developing and the management of the works program of Council’s road network
- Participate in forward planning, budgeting and scheduling of works programs for major works
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation
- Set out road works and provide operational and technical advice to Overseers
- Assist in developing and implementing signs, lines and guardrail inventory
- Complete assigned capital and maintenance works in an effective manner, within agreed timeframes and required standard
- Undertake the role of Production Manager and Mine Manager in accordance with Council’s licensed gravel pits
To be successful you will need to have:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Diploma and/or extensive relevant work related experience
- Proven ability and demonstrated experience in planning and managing projects, project expenditure, estimating and delivery
- Demonstrated experience in the effective supervision, motivation and/or monitoring of operational staff, consultants/contractors and other trades
- Demonstrated high level communication skills, both verbal and written, research and problem solving skills and deal effectively with customers and others
- Ability to work within a team environment, negotiate issues to effectively resolve problems
- Knowledge of computer applications including MS Office Suite, Maintenance management software, REFLECT, Intra Maps, and civil design software
- Self-motivated, proactive and demonstrates initiative
- Knowledge of relevant Code, Acts, Regulations, Guidelines.
- Class C Drivers Licence
This position is a Grade 11 – 12 paying $2418.36 - $3256.18 per fortnight under the Local Government (State) Award.
N:B: If you do not have a degree and are currently studying and/or have transferable skills and work related experience in a similar role, Council encourages you to apply for this position. If successful, remuneration will be based on skills, experience and qualifications.
Applications close 4.30pm Friday, 20 October 2017.
To view and download the require application documents, please click on the links below:
Contact: Director Infrastructure Services – Tekohi Rivera – 0428 544 777 or 02 6895 1961
Lachlan Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides a smoke-free work environment.
How To Apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Please ensure that any file names that you attach do not include symbols or punctuation.
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.
As part of the recruitment process, Lachlan Shire Council will be collecting information about you. This information is private information for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act. This information will be included in the recruitment file, and accessed by Council Records Staff and members of the Recruitment Selection Panel. Applicants may request their information be returned to them at the conclusion of the recruitment process