Plant Mechanic - Condobolin Depot
The Heart of NSW encompasses the local government area of the Lachlan Shire and is well known for its natural beauty, friendly and welcoming locals and relaxed bush lifestyle. Lachlan Shire is located in the Central West of New South Wales; 200km west of Orange, 100km west of Parkes, 220km south west of Dubbo and 228km north east of the Griffith. The Lachlan Shire is located in the Wiradjuri nation of the eastern-central area of NSW. The Wiradjuri nation shares a common language and bond through the Lachlan, Murrumbidgee and Macquarie rivers.
Lachlan Shire Council’s vision for the future is to be a progressive, vibrant and prosperous community where families come to stay and enjoy a relaxed, healthy way of life and community spirit.
About The Role
The responsibilities of this permanent full-time position are to carry out the repair and maintenance of Council’s plant, vehicles and other machinery and equipment.
Responsibilities for this position are:
- Maintenance and repair of plant and equipment including sewer and water equipment
- Occasional operation of plant and equipment including trucks requiring up to a ‘HC’ licence
- Working in confined spaces
- Forklift operation
- Clean and maintain workshop
- Maintenance and repair of air conditioning units
- Coaching/training of staff in mechanical operation
- Assist other workshop staff and machine shop staff when required
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Trade Certificate in mechanical field (or satisfactory standing in final year of apprenticeship).
- Class ‘C’ licence
- Good communication skills
- Basic reading and writing skills, including the ability to write using standard formats and with some original wording
- Ability to work within a team environment
- A commitment to providing good levels of customer service
- Previous work related experience
- Understanding of EEO
- Understanding of WH&S
This position is a Grade 8 paying $2011.59 - $2263.04 per fortnight under the Local Government (State) Award.
Applications close 4.30pm Friday 13 October 2017
Contact: Manager Recreation: Adrian Milne on 68951972
To view and download the require application documents, please click on the links below:
Lachlan Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How To Apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Please ensure that any file names that you attach do not include symbols or punctuation.
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.
As part of the recruitment process, Lachlan Shire Council will be collecting information about you. This information is private information for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act. This information will be included in the recruitment file, and accessed by Council Records Staff and members of the Recruitment Selection Panel. Applicants may request their information be returned to them at the conclusion of the recruitment process