Plant Operator Reticulation Maintenance Gang/Relief Water & Sewer Operator - Tottenham Permanent Position
The Heart of NSW encompasses the local government area of the Lachlan Shire and is well known for its natural beauty, friendly and welcoming locals and relaxed bush lifestyle. Lachlan Shire is located in the Central West of New South Wales; 200km west of Orange, 100km west of Parkes, 220km south west of Dubbo and 228km north east of the Griffith. The Lachlan Shire is located in the Wiradjuri nation of the eastern-central area of NSW. The Wiradjuri nation shares a common language and bond through the Lachlan, Murrumbidgee and Macquarie rivers.
Lachlan Shire Council’s vision for the future is to be a progressive, vibrant and prosperous community where families come to stay and enjoy a relaxed, healthy way of life and community spirit.
About The Role
The primary function is to perform a variety of duties including the maintenance, repair and installation of water and sewerage reticulation, pumping stations and reservoirs, and assist the Operator’s with the operation of Council’s Water and Sewage Treatment Plants.
Responsibilities for this position are:
- Maintenance and repair, and installation of sewerage and water reticulation, pumping stations and reservoirs
- Operation and maintenance of Council trucks requiring up to a class ‘MR’ drivers licence and Council backhoe
- Occasional driving of trucks requiring up to a ‘HR’ drivers licence may be required where the incumbent possesses the required drivers licence class
- Operation and maintenance of plant, including minor plant, e.g. hand held and hand operated machinery such as friction cutter and compactors/rollers
- Relief Operation and Maintenance of water and sewage treatment plants and pumping stations including testing of water quality and process adjustment to meet regulatory requirements
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of water and sewage treatment plants and pumping stations in support of the Water and Sewer Operators
- General labouring/operational duties, e.g. pipe laying, removal of waste materials, digging of trenches, concreting works and traffic control
- Read and interpret plans under supervision
- Use leveling equipment such as dual grade lasers and survey automatic levels
- Estimate material quantities required
- Identify and evaluate works conditions
- Ability to locate underground services
- Coaching/training of trainee operators
- Implementation of Traffic Management Plans
- Maintain stores of mains repair materials sufficient for the operations of Council’s reticulation
To be successful you will need:
- Class ‘HR’ drivers licence
- Backhoe Licence
- Construction Induction Certificate
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to providing high-quality levels of customer service
- Previous work related experience
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Traffic controllers certificate
- Developed reading and writing skills, including the ability to write using standard formats and with some original wording
- Previous experience operating and maintaining plant and trucks
- Confined Spaces trained
This position is a Grade 5 paying $1801.09 - $2026.22 per fortnight under the Local Government State Award as varied by Lachlan Shire Council’s Enterprise Agreement. Applications close 4.30pm Monday 16 October 2017.
To view and download the require application documents, please click on the links below:
Manager Utilities – Kerry Jones – 0427 951 962 or 02 6895 1900
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Please ensure that any file names that you attach do not include symbols or punctuation.
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.
As part of the recruitment process, Lachlan Shire Council will be collecting information about you. This information is private information for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act. This information will be included in the recruitment file, and accessed by Council Records Staff and members of the Recruitment Selection Panel. Applicants may request their information be returned to them at the conclusion of the recruitment process
Lachlan Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer