Director Community Services and Governance
Senior Staff Contract - 5 year performance based contract
Generous Remuneration Package of $183,300k which includes:
- Employer Superannuation
- Executive Housing with 12 month rental subsidy
- Plus relocation assistance
The Heart of NSW encompasses the local government area of the Lachlan Shire and is well known for its natural beauty, friendly and welcoming locals and relaxed bush lifestyle. The towns and villages in the Lachlan Shire capture the essence of life in the bush. All our towns and villages have unique features and attractions to explore, so reach for your hat, pull on your boots and be prepared to trek through our productive red dirt to see some of the most beautiful country in Australia.
Lachlan Shire Council’s vision for the future is to be a progressive, vibrant and prosperous community where families come to stay and enjoy a relaxed, healthy way of life and community spirit.
About The Role
This position is a member of Council’s MANEX Team who establish the organisation culture and values and ensures all operations reflect these values. As part of MANEX this position will be involved in addressing new and emerging issues and adopt contemporary Local Government leadership practices to all of Council’s business operations. This position works closely with other staff of the organisation, the community and elected Council members in the formulation of policy, corporate and strategic planning, management of the Community Services and Governance Directorate and providing a high level of service delivery.
Responsibilities for this position are:
- Promote and lead business improvement, provide high level advice and technical guidance and liaise effectively with senior staff to ensure appropriate long-term objectives of the organisation can be achieved.
- Provide Councillors, staff, the community, contractors and other stakeholders with appropriate and substantiated advice and decisions related to Community Services and Governance matters.
- Provide works and services that meet Council objectives, technical standards and community needs within the areas of responsibility determined and delegations.
- Responsible for developing and implementing goals, services and programs in relation to People and Organisational Development, Information Technology, Risk Management, Records Management, Economic Development, Tourism, Children’s Services, HACC Services and Libraries.
To be successful you will need to have:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in either Finance, Humanities, Public Policy or Management Disciplines
- Proven leadership experience including excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplinary team at a senior level and working collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Ability to develop and implement plans within strategic direction
- Demonstrated understanding of the Integrated Planning and Reporting Requirements for Local Government and the challenges currently facing Local Government
- Demonstrated understanding of contemporary community development principles
- Ability to provide advice, policy development and decision making support to Council and the General Manager
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills and capacity to build and maintain positive relationships
- Strong commitment to customer service and community engagement ensuring a high level service is delivered to the community
- Extensive competency in financial management
- Demonstrated experience in delivering innovative approaches to challenges
- Must be eligible to meet the criteria required to hold the position of Public Officer
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the technical aspects of the position
- Class C Drivers Licence
- High level computer skills
To view and download the require application documents, please click on the links below:
To Apply: Go to the Careers & Employment page / current vacancies on Council’s Website at www.lachlan.nsw.gov.au and apply online.
Applications close: 4.30pm Friday 27 October 2017
Lachlan Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Confidential Contact: General Manager – Robert Hunt on 02 68951901
How To Apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Please Print and complete the Police Check Consent Form and attach with application.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.
As part of the recruitment process, Lachlan Shire Council will be collecting information about you. This information is private information for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act. This information will be included in the recruitment file, and accessed by Council Records Staff and members of the Recruitment Selection Panel. Applicants may request their information be returned to them at the conclusion of the recruitment process.