The Heart of NSW encompasses the local government area of the Lachlan Shire and is well known for its natural beauty, friendly and welcoming locals and relaxed bush lifestyle. Lachlan Shire is located in the Central West of New South Wales; 200km west of Orange, 100km west of Parkes, 220km south west of Dubbo and 228km north east of the Griffith. The Lachlan Shire is located in the Wiradjuri nation of the eastern-central area of NSW. The Wiradjuri nation shares a common language and bond through the Lachlan, Murrumbidgee and Macquarie rivers.
Lachlan Shire Council’s vision for the future is to be a progressive, vibrant and prosperous community where families come to stay and enjoy a relaxed, healthy way of life and community spirit.
About the Role
Contribute to the development and ongoing maintenance of Council’s asset accounting framework, supporting contemporary asset management practices and providing accurate and timely asset financial information and advice in supporting organisational objectives. Contribute to team projects and goals with an emphasis on service delivery and productivity
Some of the Responsibilities for this role are:
- Maintain structural hierarchy of financial management information system for assets in conjunction with the Manager - Finance
- Provide principal point of contact for all departments on internal budgets and income sources for assets
- Assist with preparation and review of Council’s annual statements, long term financial plan and assets financial aspects of Operational Plans and Delivery Programs
- Maintain Council’s Work Order system for assets
- Account for Grants and Contributions (including Annual Acquittals if required)
- Account for Stores and Materials, including Gravel Pits, including stocktakes as required
- Develop and maintain Assets including capitalisation of Assets
- Train council staff on assets financial systems
To be successful you will need to have:
- Relevant practical experience in the accounting field
- Ability to train and mentor staff in financial practices
- Ability to apply time management and forward-planning skills to achieve deadlines
- Understanding of EEO and WHS requirements
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of computer skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
This position is a Grade 12 paying $2894.38- $3256.18 per fortnight under the Local Government (State) Award.
Applications close 4.30pm Monday 23 October 2017.
To view and download the require application documents, please click on the links below:
Contact: Chief Financial Officer - John Chapman – 02 6895 1900
Lachlan Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides a smoke-free work environment.
How To Apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Please ensure that any file names that you attach do not include symbols or punctuation.
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.
As part of the recruitment process, Lachlan Shire Council will be collecting information about you. This information is private information for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act. This information will be included in the recruitment file, and accessed by Council Records Staff and members of the Recruitment Selection Panel. Applicants may request their information be returned to them at the conclusion of the recruitment process