Plant Operator Level 2 - Lake Cargelligo Depot - Casual Positions
Lake Cargelligo, NSW
The Heart of NSW encompasses the local government area of the Lachlan Shire and is well known for its natural beauty, friendly and welcoming locals and relaxed bush lifestyle. Lachlan Shire is located in the Central West of New South Wales; 200km west of Orange, 100km west of Parkes, 220km south west of Dubbo and 228km north east of the Griffith. The Lachlan Shire is located in the Wiradjuri nation of the eastern-central area of NSW. The Wiradjuri nation shares a common language and bond through the Lachlan, Murrumbidgee and Macquarie rivers.
Lachlan Shire Council’s vision for the future is to be a progressive, vibrant and prosperous community where families come to stay and enjoy a relaxed, healthy way of life and community spirit.
About The Role
This position requires a variety of duties from labouring to operating and maintaining items of plant, including: hand held and hand operated machinery, ride-on mowers, rollers and tractors with attachments.
Responsibilities for this position are:
- Operating and maintaining items of plant, including; hand held and hand operated machinery, ride-on mowers, rollers and tractors with attachments
- Perform plant service and maintenance requirements
- Implementation of Traffic Control Plans
- General labouring/operational duties, e.g. culvert construction, tallying of gravel, sweeping of streets, removal of garbage, laying of pavers, concreting works and traffic control
- Chainsaw operation
- Weed control and roadside spraying
- Cleaning public toilets
- Maintenance and improvement of gardens, parks, reserves, sporting fields and street trees/islands
To be successful you will need:
- Medium Rigid licence or able to obtain within 3 months
- Construction Induction Certificate or able to obtain prior to commencement of employment
- Good communication skills
- Previous work related experience
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Ability to work within a team environment
- A commitment to providing good levels of customer service
This position is a Grade 4 paying $28.59 per hour (inclusive of casual loading) under the Local Government State Award as varied by Lachlan Shire Council’s Enterprise Agreement. Applications close 4.30pm Thursday 26 October 2017.
To view and download the require application documents, please click on the links below:
Contact: Director Infrastructure Services - Tekohi Rivera - 02 6895 1900
Lachlan Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How To Apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Please Print and complete the Police Check Consent Form and attach with application.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application
As part of the recruitment process, Lachlan Shire Council will be collecting information about you. This information is private information for the purposes of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act. This information will be included in the recruitment file, and accessed by Council Records Staff and members of the Recruitment Selection Panel. Applicants may request their information be returned to them at the conclusion of the recruitment process